The Surgery will be closed on Thursday 11th February between 12:30pm & 2:00pm due to staff training.
The Doctors & staff at Talbot Medical Centre would like to thank our patients for the understanding you have shown over the last two years whilst the surgery has gone through change and been understaffed. We regret that this has sometimes resulted in long waits for routine appointments.
From Mid-December, there will once again be a full team of permanent doctors and nurses. We are really pleased to be joined by Dr Elspeth Wise, and nurse practitioner Alison Bruce.
Both new team members bring a wealth of experience to the surgery.
Our whole team is dedicated to providing you with high standards of care informed by current best practice.
We value your opinion and any suggestions as we continue to improve our service.
… and view the latest results
Talbot Medical Centre is located in Stanley Street, off Boldon Lane in the Tyne Dock area of South Shields.
We are a 6 doctor practice – 2 male and 4 female GPs all of whom cover morning and afternoon surgeries.
We are a long established practice of family doctors and our list includes four or five generations of many of our families.
This website has been designed to provide easy access to information about the practice and the services we offer. Also to keep you informed of any new developments or changes in the practice.
We hope you find the website beneficial and easy to use. If you have any comments or suggestions, please complete our feedback form.
As a team we will continually strive to provide the best quality, holistic health care we are able, putting patients at the heart of what we do.
- That everyone we encounter through our work (patient, relative or colleague) should be treated with compassion, dignity and respect and that they deserve to be listened to.
- That patient’s should be at the centre of their health decisions and we will work in partnership with patients to achieve this.
- In equity and equality of access to health care for all patients irrespective of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age or medical condition.
- That openness and honesty is integral to our work.
- In the importance of reflective practice and continued professional development for all members of the practice team.
Click edit button to change this text.